Programmable MIDI Controller
The Encore Slidemate is our latest product designed to give you control over a wide variety of current, obsolete, and future MIDI equipment. The Slidemate is a hardware controller that is programmed using your personal computer. Once programmed, the Slidemate can work without being attached to the computer.
Unlike some other compact MIDI controllers, the Slidemate can send System Exclusive (Sysex) messages. Also, our fader shafts are made of steel, not plastic like many other compact MIDI controllers.
The Slidemate opens up the parameters of your MIDI equipment with the ability to send any MIDI controller, including Non Registered and Registered Parameters, and up to 55 byte sysex messages.
For example, you can tweak the filter of your favorite synthesizer, or adjust the pre-delay on your effects processor in real time.
If you've been paying attention to the synthesizer industry, you'll know the latest rage is the virtual synth. Unlike the old "analog" days, there are no knobs on these virtual wonders. You only have a mouse for editing. The Slidemate gives you "hands on" control of their parameters. The Slidemate is completely programmable. If the target instrument has fixed controllers, that's ok because the Slidemate can be programmed to communicate with it.
Here is a partial list of the Slidemate's features:
• 120 programmable controls!
• Twice the resolution of other (expensive) MIDI controllers.
• MIDI merger built in.
• Scene/panic button.
• Four group buttons. Allow selection of 15 groups of 8 knobs.
• Eight, high quality 60mm steel faders
• Programmable MIDI data thinning. Prevents overwhelming some equipment.
• MIDI activity indicator LED.
• 8 MIPS RISC processor. This translates to: "Lightning fast".
• Non-volatile memory. No battery to replace - ever!
• High quality construction, weighs over 2 1/2 pounds. (It won't slip on a tilted keyboard)
• Bottom is completely covered with a soft rubber pad to protect whatever it's resting on.
• Strain relief used to keep power cord from unplugging when you're getting crazy with the knobs!
• Power supply included.
• Dimensions: 10" x 5" x 1.5"
• Very easy-to-use host application for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP. (Mac beta available)
• 55 byte programmable sysex messages. Many format option.
• Programmable checksum start location.
• Instrument channel remapping.
• Drag and drop knob definitions.
• All controllers are named.
• Library manager.
• Simulated LEDs, reflect status of hardware.
• Online help system.
• Hardcopy owner's manual included.
• Data step function useful for parameters that need to skip values. (like Waldorf products)
• It also ships with a library of profiles that range from the Access Virus to the Zoom RFX2000. You can build your own libraries if you're a real bit head and share them with others.