A scalable USB link connects the VIRUS to a Mac or PC for total integration of synth and studio. The VIRUSControl™ plug-in automatically detects and connects the synth, ensuring a hassle-free configuration every time.
From inside a host application, the plug-in enables the new VIRUS hardware to appear as a multi-channel VST/AU soft-synth with up to 4 sub-mixes (or 2 × stereo). Access’ proprietary driver technology makes VIRUS TI the world’s first hardware synthesizer with sample-accuracy timing and a delay-compensated audio/MIDI connection. Seamless interconnectivity also provides a real benefit in the software sequencer environment.
All multi-timbral sounds and settings used for a project are stored within it with the plug-in, for snapshot ‹‹total recall›› plus editor and librarian functions with no SysEx or 3rd party software hassles.
The new VIRUS hardware is also well-equipped to capitalize on the power of Total Integration. With 24-bit 192KHz balanced analog, S/PDIF I/O and MIDI in and out ports, the new VIRUS is well-suited for use as the main audio and MIDI I/O center for your entire rig. These functions are especially practical for the laptop studio, offering an unmatched range of features and capabilities from one product.
Additionally, a new ‹‹Remote Mode›› allows the VIRUS hardware to become a control surface for any MIDI-capable device or software, mapping each of the 33 knobs to a specific MIDI message. TI ships with a great selection of templates and includes 32-user memories for custom controller maps. It’s a powerful addition that greatly increases the value of the synth’s studio footprint.
• Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen).
• VirusControl™ VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP. The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer, making it feel just like a plug-in.
• The Virus TI‘s Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface.
• The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer.
• WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed.
• HyperSaw™ oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator per voice.
• Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots.
• 129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer.
• 2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog™ cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation).
• Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesizers.
• 6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities.
• Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access‘ Sync Xtreme technology.
• Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch.
• Knob quantise for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock.
• 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from. 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes.
• Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable).
• Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters.
• New multi mode with embedded patches.
• Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices.
• Quality synth-action keyboard with 37 keys, velocity response and aftertouch. 2 pedal inputs.
• Brightly illuminated Access logo on the rear panel and walnut strip underneath the keyboard.
|Oszcillátor||WaveTable Oscillators and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed, HyperSaw oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator per voice.|
|LFO||3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from.|
|VCA|| 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes.|
|Billentyűzet||37 billentyű, leütés és aftertouch érzékeny|
|Memória||512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM sounds + 16 Multi Mode slots which embed all patches used.|
|Effekt||129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer.|
|Kontroll||Pitch, Modulation, 2 Pedál bemenet|
|Méretek||565mm x 335mm x 112mm |
|Audio kimenetek||6 szimmetrikus, 1 fülhallgató, 1 S/PDIF|
|Audio bemenetek||2, 1 S/PDIF|
|MIDI kimenetek||1 + Thru|
|Szintézis||Digital Virtual Analog|
|Szűrő||2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation).|
|Kijelző||Liquid Crystal Display (128px x 32px)|
|Arpeggiator||Igen (Minden patch-hez külön szerkeszthető)|
|USB||Igen (2.0 Kompatibilis)|